Saturday, December 29, 2007

mosaics

I was just visiting Barbara Jacksier site "The Book Blog" where she has some amazing photos of mosaics. Inspired me to take a few shots of my own mosaic pieces...... This mirror is in my foyer (foyer sounds a bit grand for my 4' x 6' entry hall....) and I actually did the mosaic myself. It was a rather plain gold mirror with an ecru paint under what is now pink and green mosaic. Fortunately for me, we often received broken ceramics with our shipments at Chloe's and I got to take the pieces home! By the way - my stairs in the background, I recaulked yesterday....what a chore, but old stairs have a way of seperating from the risers and stringers and looking fairly shabby. Much better now!

I can't take any credit for this table, also currently in the "foyer" under the mirror. I'm can't remember the artist's name (Sue can you help?), but it was purchased from Chloe a few years back. Much more intricate design than I achieved! I did paint the lattice work in the background - inspired by the photo on the cover of Better Homes and Gardens book "Garden Style".


4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Oh man,I hope I did not mess up by putting my e-mail on here. :)

Barbara Jacksier said...

Hi

Glad to have inspired your mosaic photos. You have lovely pieces. I'm jealous.
Barbara

Sue said...

Hi hon,
Love the mirror! I can't remember the name of the vendor of the table either but it is adorable in you house.
Hugs,
Sue