Sunday, December 2, 2007

Cottage Christmas

Merry Christmas one and all!
We received a fresh coating of snow last night, so seemed the perfect time to dash out and snap a shot of my cottage - time 5a.m. Good thing I'm an early riser cause 5 minutes later the guys showed up to shovel. Some year I may get around to having icicle lights hung on the eaves and garland wrapped around the porch columns. Would no doubt be charming, but so far I try to keep the outside simple and let my 2 trees be the focus. A bowl of fresh pouporri, 3 crystal trees and a MacKenzie Childs bell (I've yet to hang) grace the pass-through in my kitchen.
Blue & white porcelain pieces with garlands of blue & silver sleigh bells decorate the tree in my office. One of the 2 trees in my front windows.
A touch of my Swedish heritage adorns a table (brought in from the patio...) The candles remain straight for about 10 sec., the chandelier is too large, and I see Emma's bright pink chair peeking out from a corner - ah well, that's how it goes around here! The covering on the table is actually a tree skirt my sweet mother hooked several years ago for me. A work of art I will treasure always.


C

1 comment:

Sue said...

Ah, what a lovely Christmas scene! The snow was beautiful last night. Not so much getting 200 or so people home safely from Bucks Run in a blizzard after partying, but lovely none the less.
Your decorations and descriptions are precious. Can't wait to see them in real life. That tree skirt your Mom made is gorgeous and I love how you talk about Emma's chair peaking out. The two trees in the front windows really make a beautiful dramatic statement and the pass through is darling. I need to find a place to get some Aromatique Smell of Christmas. Just looking at yours I can seriously smell it. Thanks for the sniff ;)