Sunday, December 9, 2007

Thanks Be To God

All of the blessings I have in my home, in my life, come from one source - God.
As much pleasure as I receive from decorating my home for the season,
finding the perfect gifts for family and friends,
sending greetings to those I seldom see,
remembering those less fortunate and
those serving our country overseas;
there is only one reason all of that happens this time of year,
the Birth of our Saviour - Jesus Christ.
The creche has been in my home for 25 years,
the angel created by my cousin Linda from a
handkerchief saved from my great aunts "farm".
It is the first "decoration" I set out every year,
but the message lives on throughout the year.

4 comments:

Sue said...

How beautiful. You have such lovely momento's from previous generations so lovingly incorporated into your home. What a treat for all of us to share your stories.
Your manger scene is glorious and your feelings so poeticly expressed about the reason for the season are inspirational and a delight to read.
Love you,
Sue

My Paper World said...

Your Nativity scene is beautiful!
Thank you so much for sharing!

Southern Heart said...

Lovely post, and your nativity is beautiful!

xo, Andrea

kari and kijsa said...

Nativities are the most beautiful, and meaningful, decorations of the Christmas season!

blessings,
kari & kijsa