Friday, December 14, 2007

Dinner Party

Wednesday night was the 3rd annual Christmas dinner with a group of my dearest girlfriends.
My sunroom was tranformed into the dining room, with a mixture of tables, chairs and tablecloths. The green cloth is actually a silk throw, but works perfect over the farm table. A couple of the chairs have smaller tablecloths thrown over them, tied in place with red ribbon.
I would love to "re-pose" myself, but Cheryl's photo captured the rest of the room so beautifully that I will let it go.... My two main elves! Cindi and Cheryl not only dressed the part, but cooked and cleaned up a storm. Cindi made a fabulous linguine with clam sauce and Cheryl provided a tenderloin and somehow kept up with keeping the kitchen cleaned up! I can't tell you how much joy it brought me having 8 girlfriends in my kitchen, each prepping their own offering to the meal!
Elf Cindi in an apron from my mother's collection....not sure if the wine was going in her linguine or a glass.... Sarah brought a tasty squash and granny apple dish, Nancy a couple delicious dips and crackers for appetizers. I was so grateful to have a reason to use my Christopher Radko Christmas dishes!
Dinner is served! Barb brought a salad of greens with Gorgonzola cheese and pears. Our 2 Sue's topped off the meal with the bread and a blueberry topped cheesecake for dessert!
After dinner we moved to the family room for our "Chinese Gift Exchange". So many fun gifts passed from one person to another - a couple of the favorites that were "fought" over were Barb's 4 Christmas plates w/dishtowels and Cindi's basket of Italian goodies. Dancing, singing and enjoying each others company followed until almost 2 a.m. !!!! We just didn't want the night to end...... Thanks friends for a wonderful evening!


4 comments:

Sue said...

Thank you Sheryl for hosting out Christmas party. Your house looked adorable and I especially enjoyed the real log fire in your beautifully adorned fireplace. The food was out of this world and it was fun seeing your Christmas dishes put to such a festive use. The best part of the party for me was your soulful prayer before our meal while all of our dear friends held hands and shared hugs when it was over.
Thanks again for hosting another glorious event.
Love,
Sue

Rhondi said...

I read about your party on Sue's blog so I thought I'd come and visit. Your party looks great and your home is lovely. What fun to be with good friends.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

What a delightful party and such wonderful friends you have! Your house looks festive, too.

Becky

Unknown said...

Why wasn't I invited to the Christmas party? Surely a YaYa Wannabe should havebee invited!!!!