Saturday, December 8, 2007

And yet more Christmas....

My pink and green living room is a bit more of a challenge for Christmas decorating, but in the past 4 years of living here, I have managed to find more than enough decor to create a "look" I can enjoy.
The pink angel on my tree is a card I received on my first Christmas 55 years ago! It has adorned a Christmas tree every year since. My Great Aunt Mabel was the sender - I'm sure she had no idea it would be cherished for so many years.
I was telling Sue about these sweet "sweatsuits" I found at my favorite store, TJ Maxx.
They are for Emma for Christmas - tho she'll no doubt get the green one ahead of time to wear to her Holiday parties! Their regular price is $44.00, but at TJ's $12.99!!! Now you know why I love that store! Time to start some wrapping now and get some packages under the tree...

3 comments:

Sue said...

Oh, I just posted my mantle picture from last year too. Yours looks so pretty. I love the gum drop elf's setting up there surveying all they see and it looks like Whitney's wedding pic made the mantle too. The pink angel card on your tree is adorable and looks so much like you when you were little. What a special treasure to have cherished all these years.
I am so looking forward to seeing all your decorations, you and everyone on Wednesday night.
Hugs,
Sue

My Paper World said...

Your decorations and tree look so pretty! I love your angel card too, such a precious thing to treasure!

My Paper World said...
This comment has been removed by the author.