Saturday, December 6, 2008

Holiday Progress...

...more Christmas decor has made its way out of its year long hibernation.
A nod to my Swedish/Norwegian heritage decorates the pass-through from the kitchen to the
family room...
...The santas have taken over the mantel and adjoining shelves....

...and the tree has been adorned (along with most every other flat surface in the liv. rm.)
The 3 angels by the candles have special meaning - the 2 white ones were made by cousin Linda from linens collected from our great aunts and the pink angel is the one given to me on my first Christmas (1952!)
....and of course there are Christmas things for Emma to play with. Sitting in the center of the tree skirt my mom hooked for me years ago, she surrounded herself with all the stuffed creatures I've somehow collected through the years....
She was with me all day Mon. due to a cold.....which as of this morning she has officially passed along to me....



....back to Thanksgiving....this is the pecan pie that niece Samantha made. I was sooo impressed with the perfection of her pecan arrangement! It was as delectable as it looks!!!
Hope all your Christmas preparation is going well as we near the celebration of our Saviors birth.





2 comments:

Sue said...

Oh, everything looks so pretty. Your tree is just aglow with lights and goregeous. I always enjoy you heritage pieces and they look great in the pass through.
I'm at the guest house trying to figure out what and how to decorate without going too far over the top. Trying to make is simple but still festive. Pretty soon I have to start getting ready for the big family picture. John is off getting new tires on my roller skate of a car. Hope your enjoying this beautiful snowy morning.
Hugs,
Sue

Sondra Behne' said...

Hello Linda
It's not too late for you to enter your pink living room into our pink contest. You can enter up tp five pink photos in this contest. Check it out...hope to see you there.