Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sanctuary From Repairs

During the week of replacing the roof, my bedroom became my welcome sanctuary at night.
With temperatures dipping into the 40's at night, it's time for the down comforter now at the foot of my bed...
This corner is across the room from my bed and as you can see flows into the room which is my closet/laundry/sewing room.....
A nook which faces the street - the chair, a $10 find at a garage sale that I recovered with an old pair or blue & white stripe seersucker curtains....
My dressing table just off the french doors leading to the sleeping porch....(okay, you caught me...all the things I'd cleared off are reflected in the mirror on the little chest....)
Another little nook....extra quilts below and a new wall shelf above...it was just too cute for me to resist... I hope you enjoyed this more than my roof photos! I know I did!!!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Good morning,
Your room looks so pretty and soothing. I bet you will be glad when all the construction is finished. It will be good to have your roof all sealed up.

Emma and Blake are growing up so fast. It's hard to believe they are in preschool already. Emma looks so cute in the picture. They are lucky to have you doing the pick up every day.

Dana will be out of town Thurs. & Fri. so I'm coming up to babysit for the boys. I would love to see you if you are going to be around.

Talk to you soon.

Hugs,
Sue

Lori said...

Oh what a beautiful room! Boy I could easily hide out there for a week! great chase by the window! Lori

Rabbit Hill Creations said...

What a wonderful sanctuary, I would stay in there forever!