Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fall Cleaning...

Thanks to Sue at www.howtokeephouse@blogspot.com and her inspiring blog about cleaning her living room...I gutted my much neglected living room...

...and here it all is - washed and ready to go....
I edited out quite a few things, but oh how nice it is to have it clean!

Oh yes, the curtains are still waiting to be ironed and rehung....

It looked and smelled so good that the next day I gutted my office! Another friend Sarah had told me about stripping paint off metal with Lestoil (who knew they still made it...), so just in case I ever had the urge to do some metal stripping, I bought a bottle. I used it to clean the walls, shelves and floors and it left everything smelling and looking clean! An oldie, but goodie!


4 comments:

Lori said...

Sheryl, I have been doing the same thing! And mine are half ironed and half hung!!! Now onto the next room, after I iron that is!! Lori

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Your living room looks so pretty, what a great idea to just start over. It is so welcoming. I need to do that in my living room. Thank-you for sharing this great idea.
Ginger

Anonymous said...

Looks Great Sheryl! Way to go, I am in the mode of decorating around the scum and it probably is not a good thing. You Go Girlfriend!

Many Blessings, Dana

Sue said...

Today I hope to get at some cleaning. Everything looks great.