Saturday, September 6, 2008

...and on it goes.....

The work continued on the roof, but tear-out and reshingling took only 2 days!

Unfortunately the night of day 2 we got the most rain we've had all summer and oops, some drips found their way around the skylights into the sunroom.... I am grateful it happened while the guys were still finishing up soffets, so by the next day it was fixed.....I hope!
Perhaps only I can appreciate the beauty of this roof after looking out at the ugly, black
membrane roof for 5 yrs! It is now Sat and a couple of the guys have just arrived to finish up the eavesdrough and to put a soffet under my screened porch, which previously I had left open. Must have been trying to save some $'s at the time, but the open rafters have been a haven for bee hives. Not conducive to enjoying time sitting outside! Hopefully my next post will be about something much prettier and fun!

No comments: