Thursday, September 20, 2007

Waning Days of Summer

Even though we've had the delight the last couple of days of temperatures in the 80's, my garden knows it's almost time to rest for another year. Although the chrysanthemum are just beginning to bloom! A good rain would probably insure another month of beauty, but here in mid-michigan, that doesn't seem to be in the forecast this year! Ahh, another day to drag out the hose and water. Am seriously considering an automatic sprinkling system for next year!
I have been awaiting this week-end when a group of us girls are going to a friends new cottage on Lake Michigan. Yesterday we discovered that our hostess has had pneumonia for 2 wks., one of us has to have carotid artery surgery on Mon. and one of us has bronchitis (that would be moi), but we are still planning to go!! It will depend on how contagious I am (off to the dr. today - yes thus far I am self-diagnosed, but since niece Samantha and her dear Emma are both just getting over bronchitis I think that my diagnosis is quite accurate. ) Anyway today the sun is shining and I think sitting in it will be just what the good doctor orders!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope your lovely weekend turns out as planned. It is a beautiful one! Enjoy!