Monday, September 24, 2007

Dinner and Sunset

.....continuing our day of inspiring vistas and moments....this is Arcadia Bluffs, a golf course and fabulous resturant overlooking Lake Michigan. The challenge of this golf course would seem to be softened by the beauty it's set amongst...As the sun began to set, a lone bagpiper strolled to the bluff and began a serenade. Chills and awe filled us as we watched and listened.... Thoughts of my Scottish ancestors who had settled in this area - perhaps in part because it reminded them of their homeland.

With the adirondack lined up to catch the view.....


the sun set over this spectacular golf course and a freighter on it's journey southward.... The end of a glorious day compliments of our Creator!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely breathtaking!!!!

Sue said...

Sheryl,
I just got my new mouse connected to my old computer and clicked over here to see if you got your s.m. up and running. What a fun surprize to find the lovely commentary your wrote to describe our weekend. Your pictures turned out beautifully. This computer won't let me download my pictures so I am so enjoying seeing yours and will link it to my blog.
Unfortunately, I didn't have the good sence to get out of the wrong car and end my evening on the same note that you ended yours ;) At least we have some great Big Apple t-shirts to commemorate our glorious get-away.
Hope to see some more pictures tomorrow.
Good night my friend.
Sue