Sunday, September 23, 2007

A Slice of Heaven

This week-end I enjoyed the beauty of this beautiful new home located in one of the more spectacular settings I've ever experienced. A girlfriend and her husband recently completed it, replacing the smaller cottage they had retreated to for the past 9 yrs. The care they took in building a house which looked as though it could have been there for 50yrs. is remarkable. Eight of us women ranging in age from 26 - 81 and the youngest gal's 4yr old son, soaked in the beauty and each others company. This first shot is taken from the small lake the cottage fronts. A quiet lake, with lots of geese and swans to entertain us.This is a view from the back of the cottage. Just a short 2 minute walk to the west and.....
well here are a few of the ladies making the stroll along the path, through the dune grass to.....
this spectacular scene! Can you imagine having this to relish in every day??? It is Lake Michigan just south of the Sleeping Bear Dunes and well, coming over the edge of the hill and seeing it just took my breath away. I had to run out of my sandals and wade into the water the minute I saw it!! Believe it or not, there were even more God inspiring moments as the day went on, but I'll save those for tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time in "God's Country"

Anonymous said...

What a lovely weekend with friends.

Heather said...

Sue sent me to look at your pictures because her computer wasn't working. Wow - what a place!
Heather

Anonymous said...

"Wow" just doesn't do it justice, and yet, that's the only word I can come up with..... Woooow. (sigh)