Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Swans and more....

An afternoon on the veranda of our get-a-way week-end. Our hostess Mo is in coral and that's Sue from Life at Home in black lounging on the swing. Notice the fun fabrics - black & white polka dots and stripes. No ugly ducklings here or below.....
This is the guest sitting area off the bedrooms on the second level. The bench is the size of 2 twin beds end to end and over looks that lovely view of the lake.
Sue and I shared this room - I took the cozy bed in the nook. The bed cover is a chenille bedspread to which Mo had a quilt made and added to underneath. Oh so comfy and warm!
She also had peg hooks hung in the guests rooms with a bench beneath. Perfect for keeping guest "clutter" contained.
The second guest room includes these fabulous bunk beds - I was quite taken with the bead board ceiling too. There's another nook with another bed....thank goodness our hostess likes company! We hope to go back next year!!!!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Were'nt those shelves and peg racks great for guest rooms? Your pictures and comments are preserving the memory of our trip so beautifuly.

Sheryl said...

Sue - I am so looking forward to you being able to get your photos on your blog. I know they will be fabulous!!

Heather said...

I knew I should have stopped looking when I was at the first picture, but I didn't and I looked at them all. Now I am jealous - what a fantastic place! How lucky to be able to spend time there.
Heather