Sunday, March 1, 2009

"Frosty" Visits

Frosty the snowman made what I hope is his last visit the other day.
I have enjoyed winter more this year than since I was a child myself!
Playing with Emma gave me an excuse to be outside,
doing what kids do when snow is plentiful!

...but I am ready for spring!
.....so ready in fact that spring cleaning has already begun!


The kitchen was first on the list...and after a good cleaning with bleach/water
of the cupboards, counters and floor...these little shelves by my sink
seemed the perfect place for a few pieces of my Scandinavian
collection. Someday I'll have to have the trivit translated!




2 comments:

Sue said...

Yup, let's hope the last of the snow is gone soon. So glad you enjoyed your winter with Miss Em'. Seeing things through the eyes of youth always brightens the image.
I need to get started with the spring cleaning too. Good for you getting a jump start on the chore. Your Scandanavian pieces are beautiful and so you.
My computer still is wonky. John had to get it started for me this morning............what a pain.
Hope all is well with you. How is your Mom doing? Talk to you soon.
Hugs,
Sue

Unknown said...

This is my best attempt Sheryl. Keep that in mind because I only can figure out "some kind of Norwegian". The sentiment is probably something like this...

In Jesus' name we go to the table to eat and drink,
There to honor the word of God'
and the gifts of food we receive,
in Jesus' name.

Ask Pauline, I'm sure she knows exactly as this is an old Norwegian prayer.

Alan