Sunday, November 16, 2008

First Snow

After a gloomy day we were treated in the waning hours of daylight to a light dusting of snow and a beautiful sunset. This photo doesn't do it justice, but my sleeping porch is the only spot I could capture it....
This past week has been so much fun with my friend Sue up visiting for a few days. I could drop by her guest house for a cup of coffee in the morning, had a delicious dinner with she and some of her family one night, out with our girlfriends another night and even cooked a pot of goulash myself a third night, which I shared with Sue and her daughter Dana. Since her daughter/daughter in-laws and grandchildren were often visiting with her too, I had the chance to visit (and play) with them as well. We miss you Sue!!!
Yesterday Samantha, Emma and I shopped at a couple of the many craft shows here in town. So much talent out there!
All in all my favorite kind of week filled with family and friends!
(Cheryl it's all fun, but missing you!)

1 comment:

Sue said...

I had such a good time up north last week. It was so good to see you and get to spend so much time which we usually don't get to do.
We really loved that goulash and are hoping for the recipe, thank you so much.
This little dusting of snow does get one in the Christmas spirit! Beautiul picture of the sunset over the slepping porch..........how devine!
Hugs,
Sue