Sunday, June 8, 2008

Reconnected

After a bit of research at Consumer Reports I set out to buy my new camera. Well of course the store I was in didn't have any of the camera's I had decided upon, but not wanting to leave empty handed I picked out the cutest one..... That process of decision making works well for shoes, not so much for cameras.... Returned the first camera and trekked on to a store with more options where I actually found the camera I wanted. Yeah!!!
These peonies are from my friend Sarah's garden. Her peony bush was huge and laden with flowers - gave me "peony envy" (sorry I couldn't help myself....) Now that I have a camera I'm going back to her home to take some shots of her garden - she has a bleeding heart plant that thinks it's a bush. I have never seen one so big, especially in Michigan!
Okay garden gurus - I don't recall planting these sweet little daisy looking flowers. Do you think they are actually a flower or a cute weed I'm growing
My other purchase's for the week were a couple pillow for outdoors and a huge umbrella for over my deck. My friend Cindi told me that TJ Max had 4 outdoor umbrella's for only $79 - of which she'd already purchased one. I dashed out, discovered one the same color hue as my house and came home with it. The night before I'd been catalog browsing and found 1 that went with my outdoor decor - it was $400! So, all that is to explain why, even after opening it 2 days later (had to get an umbrella stand first...) and discovering one of the wooden poles was broken causing it to sag on one side (see photo), I've decided to keep the sucker! I'm sure with the help of my hardware store owner brother we can fix the broken pole....eventually.....
Hope all of you are enjoying this balmly summer!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Every thing looks delicious. Glad to hear that you are reconnected and had such good luck finding terrific goodies for great prices.
Hugs,
Sue