Saturday, April 12, 2008

Spring Cleaning

My dream has been for years to have enough flowers in my gardens to create a live bouquet like this silk one in my living room. So far that dream hasn't been realized! Seems every year my bouquets consist of 2 or 3 blooms at any one time, but I keep trying! Lot's of stems poking their heads up out of the cold ground and even had crocus pop out and bloom. I had forgotten I'd even planted them!
As I wait for gardening to begin in full force, it has been spring cleaning time around here. Lot's of trips to Goodwill and Salvation Army with carloads of donations. I swear "stuff" just grows in the corners while I'm not paying attention!
In between raking and cleaning there was a trip to the allergy dr. with Emma and her mama to find out that Em has allergies to most everything outdoors....., a retirement party last night for my friend Cheryl's husband Jim who retired after 35 yrs in law enforcement, the last 18 as chief of police in Midland.....throw in the committee mtgs. for the week and another week has flown by! Right now I'm on my way to weigh in at Weight Watchers. This is only my 3rd week and I've already shed 10 lbs. There's hope!!!!

4 comments:

Sue said...

Your garden is so beautiful in the spring with all the pretty flowers that you have planted over the years.
Today is the first day that I have had my computer back in 3 wks.. The mouse got stuck and Best Buy had to send it in to be fixed. Looks like you have had some fun trips, good for you. Congrats on doing so well on WW's. Have a good time with the YaYa's next weekend, I'll miss seeing you but hope we can get together soon.
Love you,
Sue

Lori said...

WOW 10 ibs in three weeks!! Congratulations, bet you feel good! Lori

MK said...

I love what you have done with your yard. I always enjoy visiting it. Great Job on WW too! It looks like I may be in the neighborhood the first weekend in May. Could I temp you with some of my best WW recipes? Love MK

{oc cottage} said...

Congrats on the 10 pounds!!!!!!! That is fabulous! Weight Watchers, huh...I think you have just encouraged me, THX!

M