Saturday, April 5, 2008

Girlfriends

The sun rising greeted me this morning as I went out to retrieve my newspaper! Tho the view of the hospital and all it's construction trailers is not so beautiful, the sun outshone all of that for me! Today is to be sunny and 60. A perfect day for picking my mother up and bringing her to my house to be outdoors while I clean out my gardens. She so enjoyed being outside working around the yard. Her blindness hamers that now, but she can still sit and keep me company, soak up some rays and bask in the fresh spring air.
Last week-end I went to Traverse City and Harbor Springs with 3 old friends and a few new ones too. My cousin Libby was able to join us for lunch in TC - that's she and I above. What an unexpected treat it was to see her! We all had many laughs.
After lunch we spent the next 2 or 3 hrs at a 4 story antique store ! As usual Sue had the most fun trying on every hat in the store. She didn't end up with this one, but she entertained us for quite some time!
On Thurs I met my friends Mary and Mo in Lansing for lunch. I hadn't seen Mo in at leat 8 yrs, so it was fun to catch up. So much fun that we are doing it again at the end of the month, but allowing ourselves more time so we can actually shop!
I am soo blessed to have so many fabulous women as friends. There is nothing like a girlfriend!

No comments: