Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Celebrations

Spring is coming! A few days of temps in the 70's last week has the flowering trees in bloom
and the tulips beginning their dance of beauty....
Usually it is the middle of May before my tulips bloom, but this year I'm being treated to an early show.....who cares that the temps have now dipped into the 40's for highs!
Yesterday was my niece Meg's 21st birthday! We celebrated early, on Sat night and as usual Miss Emma stole the show. I can't believe my sweet niece is 21, but she is such a lovely young woman finding her way, and I adore her. Happy Birthday Hon!
The week-end was also the 50th Shepherd Maple Syrup Festival. Emma visited the craft show and came away with this adorable "crown" - just perfect for our little princess. At the Festivals pancake meals that go on most all day fri - sun, they serve more than 10,000 people , over 1700 gallons of homegrown syrup and 4 tons of homemade sausage! There are also carnival rides,a quilt show, arts & crafts booths, music, a classic car show and more. The final event is an hour long parade through the small downtown on Sun. This little town comes out in full force to volunteer their time and energy to this event - probably the reason so many thousands come back every year to enjoy it. A small slice of Americana!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe sweet Meg is 21. The time does really fly by.
Your garden is just glorious and it sounds like you had a great time at the Maple Syrup Festival.
Talk to you soon.
Love,
Sue