Friday, January 18, 2008

Thought on Life

The past few weeks have brought life changing events in the lives of so many people I know.
My brother had to put down both his dogs within 6 weeks of each other. Coty the Husky who was 15 and Sinclair his Terrior who was only 8. Those of you who have pets, know this is like loosing your "kids".Some of you know that my almost 90 year old mother lives in an assisted living facility.
In the past 2 weeks 2 of her "neighbors" have passed on. An event that sadly she has witnessed numerous times in the 5 years she's lived there.
My friends son Aaron is still fighting the Stevens-Johnsons' Syndrome that has taken over so much of his body. Today she has asked for specific prayers for his lungs, his eyes and healing for the many wounds that cover his body. The family also needs prayers for strength as they continue this long journey ahead.
....and yet, life goes on. It is the tragic and life changing events that put our lives in perspective and allow us to enjoy the simple moments each day. I can't imagine how anyone gets through these times without a strong faith. God brings peace of mind even in the most uncertain times in our lives. For me those simple moments include wandering around my home, enjoying the objects I find so charming. The tin rose print my niece Samantha gave me for Christmas because when she saw it she knew "that is sooo Aunt Sheryl"; the antique Nippan "pot" my cousin Libby passed on to me ( a gift my mother had given to her sister, Libby's mom) because
"It just looked like it belongs in your living room!" - the simple things that remind me of the friendship and love I'm so blessed to have in my life.


2 comments:

Sue said...

So sorry to hear about Bill's beloved pets, I know they meant the world to him.
Thank you for asking for prayers for Aaron today on your blog we can't have too many of them.
Hugs,
Sue

Sue said...

Just flipped back through your beautiful blog reflecting back on happier times. It is when difficult times come that you can look back and really treasure the good times and have the hope that they will soon return.
xoxo,
S