Thursday, August 9, 2007

cousins party

This last week-end was one of my favorite events of the year - "the cousins party". We have been getting together for the last 28 yrs on the first Sat in Aug. I have 18 first cousins along with their spouses, children and now grandchildren. It is such a special day to share with family and catch up on each others lives. It is held each year at my cousin Tom and his wife Lynn's home, which use to be our grandparents home. Lot's of dancing.
Our DJ Dan married to cousin Libby. He spins the tunes that keep us moving and even has a "miners lamp" on his hat to carry out his work!
One of the many dance moves we partake in.... Cousin Michael is in black & red and he is our Fred Astaire! He takes all of us for a twirl on the dance floor before the night is over.
Cousin Steve is "Dr Fire". Every year he makes the most amazing fires in the pit and then roasts corn on the cob which is the best! By the end of the night, after we've danced ourselves silly, we sit around his fire and talk. I can't tell you how blessed I feel to be a part of this amazing family!

3 comments:

Sue said...

I've heard about your cousins party for years but it is so fun to see the pictures. Sure looks like a lot more fun than any family reunion that I remember attending.

Sue said...

Hi,
Toni left an award for you over at Rabbit Hill Creations......You deserve it.

Heather said...

That looks like fun - your photos make me wish we were cousins! I am glad you found my blog and hope you will be back soon.
Heather