Saturday, October 25, 2008

Celebrations

This was a week of celebration for me starting with Emma's birthday last Sun. and my own on Weds. On Tues the "Island Girls" (pictured above last summer on Mackinac Is.) got together for pizza & suds and to catch-up on each others busy lives.
Weds. night I celebrated not only my birthday, but 2 other girlfriends, one of whom turned 50 the week before, the other who turns 60 next weds. (a few of the gang are in the photo - I forgot my camera both nights....perhaps a good thing.....but neither of the other birthday girls are shown....) My friend Cindi volunteered to prepare the dinner at her home and how I wish I had photos of all the delectables she fixed! She started us off with a platter of gourmet olives, feta cheese, roasted red peppers, salami and artichoke hearts; served with warm bread & oil. Dinner was her delicious linguini with clam sauce and spaghetti too! We also had "Good to Go" salad, which we are all addicted too.....
Sarah made what I would call a "Death by Chocolate" cake - it was soooooo good.
Such a fun night and the perfect way to celebrate!
Also pictured above is the beautiful twig candle holder and the silver frame given to me by Sue.




.....and there were more gifts!
Barb gave me this "diva" wine stopper and the sweet "fun and fabulous friend" ornament....


Cheryl missed the party, but stopped by to give me this unique stone and iron cross. I love the gift, but it was bittersweet as she was leaving that day to spend the winter in Florida.... I shall miss you my friend, but I will be down to visit!!!
Other friends spoiled me with a variety of gift certificates....I have some serious shopping to do now! Thanks to one and all - it is your friendship I treasure the most!!!!



....and what would my blog be without a photo of Emma.... We'd just gotten home from
pre-school.... todays snack a fudgesicle. The hour and a half we spend together each day is such a treat! Fortunately Oprahs on again at 10pm, cause if the tv's on we're watching "Arthur" and "Word Girl" on PBS....




1 comment:

Sue said...

Ah, a fun week for me too getting to spend some time with my buddies.
Thanks again for the warm bed and great company.
Hugs,
Sue