Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

Our town celebrated and honored our Nations military today with a small parade and short ceremony. It was a very moving experience - too bad it wasn't attended by more citizens.
When you think of all these men and women have done to insure not only our freedom, but to better the lives of those who live in all corners of the world, well it seems a small price to pay to stand, watch and listen for a few moments....

.....and whatever happened to placing your hand over your heart when the National Anthem is sung? Did that become passe while I wasn't looking? Even my 90 yr old mother stood and held her hand over her heart! Enough grumbling....thanks to all who have serviced and are serving our country. God Bless America!!!!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Sheryl:
I felt the same way as you when we were at our Memorial Day Parade yesterday. It made me sad. Wanted to say I love your home and reading your blog. I grew up in Alma...just a short distance from you. Now live in Howell, and really love it here.

Take Care!

Donna Lynn said...

Hi!
I too am so sad when people don't feel deeply for our country, the liberals are doing a bang up job ruining national pride if you ask me! I love our nation and wish those who didn't would go visit somewhere like Russia, they would come back loving it like they should!

Hope your week is going well so far!
XO,
DL

Donna Lynn said...

Hi Sheryl,
Hope you had a wonderful week! Blessings for your weekend too!

Just checking in tonight, hope all is well!
DL