Friday, March 7, 2008

Recovers

Much as I enjoyed my floral patterned couches (the pattern is on the 2 pillows below on the sofa), after finding the botanical prints at the rummage sale at our church, I decided a toning down of the couches was in order. I was swimming in floral! I ordered a couple slip covers from Surefit and presto an instant calming of the room. Guri is in her following her owner around mode, so she too got in the photo....
Just so you know Sue - the botanical prints you gave me now have a new home, which I will try to remember to display another time!
This older silverware box was painted by Jan, one of the sweet caretakers at my mom's assisted living home. What a talent she has! She had brought many of her pieces of art to display and I was fortunate enough to be able to purchase this one. I added to the vinette one of my mom's bird statues I now have in my home and a nest from Chloe's.

4 comments:

Sue said...

The slip covers look really nice. Hope to get to see them in person some time this week. Love the painted box and your little nest display as well as the new picture group.
Hugs,
Sue

Anonymous said...

looks very cute Sheryl... Sometimes it is nice to have change in our homes. I am very familiar with changing things up!
Love, dana

Southern Heart said...

Spring is the time for refreshing and change, isn't it? I always enjoy photos of your pretty home.

Unknown said...

When did you become so computer geeky? You ca eve download pictures!! I'm impressed!! I still have the feeling that testosterone levels plummet when entering your cottage. Love what you've done with the slipcovers girl!! See, even the pictures have an effect!