Saturday, March 15, 2008

Easter

The joy of the Easter season is here. Emma had fun painting the eggs shown in the small bowl below. Of course now she thinks we should have eggs to paint everytime she comes to visit!
A few years ago I painted the eggs in the large bunny pedestal. I surprised myself with a couple of the creations!.....not sure my hand would be that steady any more!
These Fitz and Floyd bunnies are pretty much "regulars" on the living room mantle - just added a few dyed, but yet to be painted eggs ..... They've yet to be painted for at least 2 yrs now!
May all of us remember that Christ is the reason we celebrate this time of year! He came and taught us how to live, died for our sins and was resurrected. We are all blessed!
This year our family will also be celebrating my mother's 90th birthday, which is the day after Easter. We are doubly blessed!! She personally can't quite get over the idea that she will be 90.
Happy Birthday Mom!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Good morning,
Your painted eggs are beautiful. Are they the kind that you can save from year to year or fresh eggs? Emma looks so sweet and thoughtful in the first picture. Happy early b-day to your Mom. Maybe one day this week you can take me over to see her to wish her a happy birthday in person.
Hugs,
Sue

Lori said...

Everything welcomed me to Spring and Easter in your lovely home! Lori