Sunday, July 8, 2007

Wilkerson Cat

This is one of my favorite paintings. My friend Sue, her daughter Dana and I saw it in the window of a shop in Petoskey a couple years ago and stood on the sidewalk laughing. Thankfully the price was right and it came home with me, where it continues to entertain. We see the possibility of our future selves in it! The artist is Shelly Wilkerson and it is from her collection titled "Cat Companions". After the purchase I received a set of collectible cards from her and each painting is as whimsical as this one. Her web site is www.catcompanions.com If this keeps up I may have to rename my cottage to "Cat Cottage"......

3 comments:

Rabbit Hill Creations said...

Hi Sheryl, just stopping in to say hello and to see what goodies you have posted. Love the picture, you cant help but smile.

Sue said...

Such a fun picture. I enjoyed the little comentary about the artist.

Sheryl said...

Thanks for stopping by - as soon as I get done weeding my garden and watering I'm going to come visit some blogs! I just popped back inside now to check the weather channel to see if there is any rain in the future. Doesn't look like it - just a cloudy day....