Friday, September 11, 2009

My Greatest Joy

Emma spent her last day before starting kindergarten with me
on Wed. After a walk collecting leaves and crab apples, she
decided we needed to "cook" them. Obviously this was near
the completion of her dish.
It turned out to be a good time to empty my cupboards of
expired spices (there were many....) baking soda, powder,
corn starch and some oil. (Evidently I don't bake or cook often
enough) Oh the fun we had!!! Needless to say it wasn't something
we even taste tested!


A picnic at the park, some play time and


time to chase some squirrels. A perfect day
in every way.


The thrill of getting on the bus! Emma is sooo excited to
be able to ride a bus. This is today, the second day of school.
It was not easy for me to resist being there for her first day
of school, but I thought that was an experience she and her
mama should share. Fortunately for me, there was a 2
hour fog delay today....and I needed to run some thera flu
out to her mama - who unfortunately has the flu. Our little ones
grow up so fast, but I am grateful for all the time we've had to
spend together. Thank goodness there will still be vacation days
and before too long....snow days!






1 comment:

Sue said...

What sweet pictures of your greatest joy. It does sound like you had a perfect day with your beloved Miss Emma.