Monday, August 11, 2008

Week-end finds...

My friend Cheryl and I hit the garage sales on Fri afternoon (10 or 12 in all!) and I found some treasures. This tray for $.50 - which I took outside for a quick sanding.
Found this beautiful book filled with these watercolors of flowers - perfect for browsing or using for a decopodge project! Yes, it is difficult for me to cut up such a lovely book, but occassionally one just calls out for a new purpose..... It was $1.00.....
The tray has it's coat of primer and the first of many flowers have been cut out with the
exacto (sp) knife....many more to go, but a fun project for a rainy week-end and many evenings yet to come..... I also found a few other books including a biography of Florence Nightingale, which I'm finding really interesting. Another amazing determined woman from history who changed our lives for the better. Along with Vol. 1 Eleanor Roosevelt (Vol. 2 has arrived - it will be next), I've also read "Founding Mothers" and "Ladies of Liberty" by Cokie Roberts. I find these biographies of women who faced such hardships and made huge strides for women inspirational and along the way I learn much about the history of our country! It makes me appreciate all the blessings we enjoy and sadly sometimes take for granted. I recommend any of these for anyone who wants to learn more about some extraordinary people.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Ohhh, I love what you are doing with the tray. Your decopage projects always turn out so pretty.
Hugs,
Sue